If you’ve used traditional dentures, you know what a pain they can be. Messy adhesives. Fear they’ll come out of place or fall out while eating, talking, or laughing. A single mistake while cleaning them and–slip!–they’ve fallen, broken. You’re not only out money, but you have to wait weeks or even months for an expensive replacement to be made.
Dr. Barfield and the team at 1st In Smiles have the solution for you. In our Plano, TX dental office, we can securely replace an entire arch of teeth using All-on-4 dental implants!
All-on-4 Dental Implants Explained
To understand the All-on-4 treatment, you must first understand dental implants, which are small titanium posts that effectively replace the missing roots of your natural teeth. They are precisely inserted into your jaw bone. In addition to providing a foundation for your dental restoration, dental implants help to prevent:
- Bone and gum deterioration
- Skin from wrinkling and sagging
- Jaw bone recession
All-on-4 restorations replace a full arch of teeth and are mounted on–you guessed it–only four dental implants! All-on-4 treatments are usually done for restorative dentistry purposes, but they can also be cosmetic.
Before beginning your procedure, we will evaluate if you have enough bone density in your jaw to be a suitable candidate for All-on-4 dental implants (most people are). Using digital X-rays and an intraoral camera to view close-up, detailed images of your teeth and mouth in real time, we will take a comprehensive view of your oral health and come up with the best treatment plan for you. We’ll even check for infection, gum disease, or any other issue that needs to be addressed before placing your dental implants.
Obviously, the All-on-4 procedure requires careful planning and substantial restorative dentistry experience to execute–both of which you get with Dr. Barfield. The steps of the procedure itself, however, are easy to understand:
- Placement of implants: We will strategically position four implants in your jaw bone for optimum support. One strategy we’ve found effective is placing the back two implants at a slight angle to better anchor them in the thicker parts of your jaw.
- Healing and custom denture fabrication: Dental implants actually fuse with your jaw, so they require a healing period. But, because only four implants are used for a full arch of teeth, that period will be substantially shorter than other restorative options. While you heal, your new dentures will be custom crafted using images from your initial consultation.
- Mounting of dentures: After your dental implants have fully integrated into your jaw, we will mount your new restoration. You’ll enter our office needing teeth and walk out with a whole new set of pearly whites.
Advantages of All-on-4 From 1st In Smiles
Once you have your new All-on-4 dental implants, you’ll start adding to the list of their many advantages, including:
- Stability: dental implants ensure a sturdy, natural feel
- Faster: fewer implants means less recovery
- Economical: the procedure will take less time and money
- Convenient: brush and floss your All-on-4 dental implants just like your natural teeth
- Comfort: your All-on-4 dental implants will feel, function, and look natural
And, at our Plano, TX dental office, you can even combine All-on-4 dental implants with other services to ensure your overall oral health:
- Gum disease treatment to deep-clean your gums and maintain their optimum health
- Snoring and sleep apnea treatment to improve your breathing while you rest
- TMJ treatment to relieve headaches, stress, pain in your jaw, and other issues
Still not convinced All-on-4 is for you? Any chance you might be suffering from dental anxiety? At 1st In Smiles, your comfort is our number one priority, so we provide free nitrous oxide at your request as well as other sedation dentistry options. Our Plano, TX office is a lecture-free zone.
1st In Smiles is also a stress-free zone. Along with our state-of-the-art technology and unparalleled expertise, we also offer flat screen TVs with DirecTV in every room, relaxing music, and cozy blankets for your added comfort. You might even forget you’re at the dentist entirely.
Don’t put up with traditional adhesive-based dentures any longer. Let Dr. Barfield restore your smile with All-on-4 dental implants and get your confidence back. Feel free to stop by in person, call 972-905-9266 to speak with one of our friendly team members, or fill out our online form to schedule your private consultation today. We can’t wait to help!