When you lose a tooth, you also lose your self-confidence. Studies have shown that people with missing teeth seem less friendly; they avoid talking to others so they don’t have to show gaps in their smile. Dental implants in Plano can restore your smile, and your confidence too.Dr. Barfield on Dental Implants Read Transcript
There are various types of dental implants. We can place a single unit implant to replace one missing tooth. The implant is placed in the bone and we place a crown on top of it and these single tooth dental implants work real well and they are cosmetically pleasing. If someone is missing multiple teeth we can place multiple implants in someone’s mouth. So we can do anything from a single tooth implant to multiple teeth implants. We can also do denture supported implants. We can place several implants in the mandible or maxilla and attach a fixed denture which is a whole lot more comfortable than a removable denture. So there are various types of implants available today.
Implants offer many benefits. They are:
- Natural Feel and Function – Implants are more stable and lifelike than bridges, and they eliminate the mess and instability of dentures. They restore your chewing, eating, and talking functions to a level comparable with that of your natural teeth.
- Highly Secure – Since implants are embedded in your jaw, your replacement teeth won’t shift or become dislodged. Even if you eat foods like apples or corn-on-the-cob, your teeth will stay securely in place.
- Versatile – Implants can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even all your teeth.
- Simple to Maintain – Depending on the kind of dental restorations you choose, you’ll brush and floss like you would with your natural teeth.
- Good for Your Oral Health – Implants help prevent the bone loss that occurs following the loss of teeth. Your jaw will stay strong, giving your face a younger look. You’ll also be less likely to suffer from gum disease and other infection.
Call us today at 972-905-9266 to find out how implant dentistry can improve your oral health, your overall health, and your overall quality of life. You’ll find our office near the President George Bush Turnpike in Plano.
Choose From Many Types of Dental Implants
At 1st In Smiles, we understand that every patient’s goals and needs are different. That’s why we offer several types of dental implants. Your choices include:
- Single-Tooth Implant – To replace one tooth, Dr. Barfield will attach a dental crown to a single implant.
- Implant-Supported Bridge – Using an implant to support a dental bridge eliminates the need to drill into healthy teeth.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – If you are tired of dentures moving around when you talk or eat, using messy adhesives, and missing out on your favorite foods, then these may be right for you.
- Mini Dental Implants – These smaller implants require a less-invasive procedure than full-size implant surgery, which makes them a good option for someone lacking the bone density needed for traditional implants.
- All-on-4® and All-on-6 Implants – We can support a complete arch of replacement teeth using only four or six implants. The cost is less expensive, and both the procedure and recovery are quicker.
We’ll Help You Find the Right Dental Implants Procedure
Before you receive implants, we’ll make sure you’re a good candidate. At your initial consultation, we’ll gather all the information we need, such as 3D images of your mouth, to decide which implant type is right for you. To create a personalized treatment plan, we’ll consider:
- The number of teeth you’re missing
- The condition of your gums
- The density of your jawbone
- Your overall health
- Your budget
Even if your bone isn’t as dense as it needs to be, we may be able to place implants by first performing bone and gum grafting or sinus lifts, oral surgery procedures that allow us to create a strong structure to support your implants.
Our team uses high-tech tools like intraoral cameras and digital X-rays to diagnose, plan, and place your implants, all within a comfortable and relaxing environment. Dr. Barfield works closely with an experienced periodontist to ensure your dental implants placement goes well.
Dental implant surgery is pain-free and relatively short. We’ll place a screw-like titanium “root” into your jaw to replace your missing tooth’s root. If you’re nervous about the procedure, you can receive dental sedation.
Depending on the kind of restoration and implants used, you’ll receive your new teeth right away or you’ll need to wait a few months for the bone to fuse to implants. Once healing is complete, we’ll add your dental restoration. You will walk away from your appointment with nothing to hold back your beautiful new smile!