If you have considered getting dental implants but are concerned about the cost, you may be a good candidate for mini dental implants in Plano. Our experienced periodontist works side by side with Dr. Rick Barfield to ensure you get the most out of your mini implants.
Compared to full-size implants, mini implants are:
- Less Invasive – Mini implants are about half the size of traditional implants. Because they are smaller, the procedure is minimally invasive. This can make healing easier if your health is compromised or if your bone structure can’t support full-size dental implants.
- Less Costly – Because the placement procedure is quicker and less complicated, it typically costs less to receive mini implants.
- More Comfortable – The smaller size of mini implants can decrease the minor soreness you may experience after implant treatment, which usually goes away in just a couple of days.
To see which dental implants are right for you, call 972-905-9266 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Barfield.
Technology Helps Ensure Success With Mini Implants
In order to place mini implants, our dental team creates a detailed treatment plan with you. We use the latest state-of-the-art dental technology to give you the greatest implant success possible. Our technology includes:
- Intraoral Camera – This handheld camera shows us enlarged, detailed images of the inside of your mouth in real time. This not only helps us get an accurate picture of your mouth but also allows us to detect any disease or infection that we must treat before placing your implants.
- Digital X-rays – These X-rays will show us the condition and density of your bone structure in just minutes. They use less radiation than traditional X-rays, so they are better for your long-term health.
Mini Implants Are an Alternative to Traditional Dentures
Mini implants can secure lower dentures, whether existing or new. Some folks get dentures to replace their missing teeth because their jaw can’t support dental implants, but a lack of bone density doesn’t rule out the smaller, less-invasive mini implants. We can likely secure your dentures with mini implants, so you can once again smile, laugh, talk, and eat as you please!
There’s no need to worry about pain during your treatment. 1st In Smiles has several types of sedation dentistry, so your mini dental implants procedure won’t hurt at all. You can simply relax in our comfortable environment with little awareness of what’s going on until your new smile is in place!