Dr. Rick Barfield can fix just about anything that can go wrong with a smile with our wide variety of restorative dentistry. However, the easiest and least expensive way to deal with dental problems is to prevent them from occurring in the first place. Keep your smile healthy with general dentistry in Plano!
Our general dental care will:
- Help keep your teeth cavity-free
- Allow us to share oral hygiene best practices with you
- Eliminate gum disease in its early stages
- Give us an opportunity to better understand your dental needs and concerns
- Leave your smile looking and feeling great
If you need to schedule a dental cleaning or other general dental services, call 972-905-9266 today. Our office is conveniently located near the President George Bush Turnpike in Plano. You’ll find it easy to schedule appointments, since we’re open as early as 7 a.m. and on Saturdays too.
Protect Your Teeth With Preventive Dental Care
Many of our preventive dentistry treatments protect your teeth from cavities, but we offer services to prevent other problems too. Ask our team about:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – Cleanings remove problem-causing plaque and stubborn tartar from your teeth. Exams give Dr. Barfield the opportunity to check your teeth for early signs of decay and gum disease, and to give you an oral cancer screening.
- Gum Disease Treatment – To eradicate gum disease, we use a deep cleaning procedure called scaling and root planing. In some cases, we add a special antibiotic treatment.
- Dental Mouthguards – Any family member who plays sports should wear a mouthguard to prevent dental injuries. A custom-made mouthguard fits you better, so it better protects your mouth.
- Fluoride Treatments – We offer fluoride in several forms, including varnish, foam, and even take-home treatments.
- Dental Sealants – These thin plastic coatings help keep decay-causing bacteria out of the grooves on the surfaces of your teeth.
You’ll Never Hear a Lecture From Us
Some people never go to the dentist because they worry that they will be lectured about the state of their mouth. There is no judging or lecturing in our office! Our only goal is your satisfaction and how we can work together to give you the healthiest, most beautiful smile possible!