Keep Your Teeth Safe With Dental Mouthguards in Plano
At 1st In Smiles, one of our top goals is to make sure you have a happy, healthy smile that will last a lifetime. The most common way we reach our goal is through regular dental exams and cleanings and teaching you how to care for your teeth at home. Some patients, though, need additional care to keep their smiles safe and protected, like dental mouthguards in Plano.
We can provide custom-made dental appliances to:
- Relieve jaw pain and other uncomfortable symptoms of TMJ disorder (TMD)
- Stop you from snoring and reduce your risk of health conditions associated with sleep apnea
- Protect your teeth during athletic activities
Not all dental offices offer this safe, noninvasive form of therapy. 1st In Smiles is dedicated to providing you with treatment options that solve your problems. That’s why Dr. Rick Barfield partners with some of the best dental specialists to provide customized mouthguards. To schedule a consultation, call 972-905-9266.
Improve Your Health With a Custom Mouthguard
- TMJ Night Guard – A night guard is one of the most effective and conservative treatments for TMJ disorder. The strong acrylic mouthguards are worn at night to help prevent you from clenching or grinding your teeth during your sleep. They can also be worn during the day if you clench or grind when you are stressed. Your night guard is custom-made just for your mouth to achieve the most comfortable, safe, and effective outcomes.
- Sleep Apnea Oral Appliance – You can combat sleep apnea and lower your risk of complications with a custom-made mouthguard. We have a specialist with advanced training in sleep disorders come into our office to examine, diagnose, and treat you for sleep apnea. One of the safest and simplest therapies is a sleep apnea mouthguard.
- Snoring Appliance – We can also provide you with a mouthguard that will prevent you from snoring, even if you don’t have apnea. Snoring can be distracting to your spouse or partner, and it might even wake you up at night! Like our other mouthguards, our anti-snoring devices are made to precisely fit your mouth.
- Athletic Mouthguard – An injury to your mouth during sports can result in a dental emergency, with serious damage to or even loss of your teeth. You can even increase your risk of concussion and traumatic brain injury. Our made-to-fit athletic mouthguards will protect your mouth and teeth during sports. Dr. Barfield fits you for your custom mouthguard right here in our office and can keep them clean and properly fitting as needed.
Whatever your reason for dental mouthguards in Plano, 1st In Smiles has the experienced professionals needed to help keep your mouth safe and healthy. Call 972-905-9266 if you’re interested in a custom mouthguard.