There are many ways to damage teeth, including infection, disease, decay, and trauma. If you’ve suffered from any of these problems, you’re not alone. Almost three out of four Americans are missing at least one tooth. 1st In Smiles can repair your teeth and get you back on your way to a healthy and attractive smile with restorative dentistry in Plano.
We offer restorative dental care to:
- Replace missing teeth
- Save teeth threatened by infection
- Repair cavities of any size
- Mend cracked or broken teeth
To restore your smile’s appearance and full oral function, call 972-905-9266.
Repair Your Smile With Restorative Dentistry Procedures
Whether you have a decayed tooth or a broken one, Dr. Rick Barfield can repair it with restorative dentistry procedures:
- Tooth Fillings – Dental fillings are used to repair cavities. If you’re like many other adults, you probably have at least one silver filling. Because a portion of your original tooth has to be removed for silver amalgam fillings, they can often weaken teeth. We use tooth-colored composite fillings, which not only look more natural but are easier on your teeth.
- Dental Crowns – When too much of your tooth’s structure is removed to support a filling, we can cover your damaged tooth with a porcelain dental crown. This restorative dentistry option, which looks like a natural tooth, can also be used to repair cracked or broken teeth.
- Root Canals – A root canal procedure can save a tooth that is threatened by infection. Dr. Barfield removes all of the infection from the center of your tooth, replaces the pulp with inert material, then seals the tooth with a crown.
Choose the Right Tooth Replacement Option
When you lose one or more teeth, a dental implant can securely replace the missing tooth’s root and crown. With implants, you’ll regain almost all of your speaking, chewing, and eating abilities as well as restore your facial structure. We offer many types of implants to suit your needs and finances, including traditional implants, mini implants, All-on-4® and All-on-6 implants, and implant-supported dentures.
Dental implants aren’t for everyone. You can also choose:
- A Dental Bridge – We can support a dental bridge by adding crowns to the natural teeth on either side of your smile gap. Unlike dentures, a bridge doesn’t need to be removed for cleaning.
- Dentures – You have a choice of partial or full removable dentures.
If you’re ashamed about your missing or damaged teeth, don’t let that stop you from seeing us! There are no lectures and no guilt at our office. Our goal is to give you back your teeth and your smile. If you’re worried about discomfort, you can also get dental sedation if you need it.