If you experience chronic jaw pain, ear pain, persistent headaches, or sensitive teeth, you may be suffering from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder. If so, our team can relieve your pain with TMJ treatment in Plano.
Our treatment will:
- Enable you to again enjoy normal range of motion with your jaw
- Prevent jaw pain from spreading to your neck, shoulders, and other areas
- Help you stop teeth grinding, a harmful habit often seen in TMJ disorder sufferers
- Relieve headaches, earaches, and other related symptoms
- Allow you to chew in comfort so you can eat whatever you want
Although TMJ disorder, or TMD, can be difficult to diagnose, Dr. Rick Barfield and a TMJ specialist have the experience to examine and properly diagnose you, treat your symptoms safely, and monitor your progress. Call 972-905-9266 for an appointment.
End Clenching, Grinding, & Jaw Pain With an Occlusal Splint
One of the most effective TMJ treatments is splint therapy, or night guard therapy. Splint therapy has been used for decades to help the lower jaw function more properly. We’ll fit you for a custom-made occlusal splint, an acrylic dental appliance that fits snugly over your teeth. The dental night guard keeps your upper and lower teeth from contacting each other while you sleep, which protects your teeth by preventing clenching and grinding.
It also allows the lower jaw to return to a comfortable position. As your jaw begins to relax with the guard, you’ll quickly notice reduced muscle and jaw pain. Wearing it every night gives your jaw a chance to fully heal.
Unlike store-bought dental night guards, which can wear down from teeth grinding, our high-quality acrylic night guard can provide you with TMJ relief for many years. In addition, our mouthguard is made to fit your teeth perfectly, which results in a safer, more comfortable, and more effective way to get rid of your TMJ pain.
Seek Help for TMJ Symptoms
TMJ disorder is characterized by a dull aching pain in your jaw joint. See us right away if you’re experiencing chronic jaw pain and/or these other symptoms:
- Jaw fatigue
- Inability to comfortably open your mouth
- Clicking and popping in your jaw
- Tooth sensitivity
- Headaches or migraines
- Pain in your ears, neck, shoulders, or back
For TMJ treatment in Plano, call 972-905-9266.